At QuantAQ, we build low-cost, professional-grade air quality sensors and the associated software platform to deploy and manage distributed air quality sensor networks. We care deeply about using innovative technologies and socio-technological approaches to help businesses, governments, and community stakeholders obtain actionable air quality information, across a variety of contexts. We value the role that fundamental scientific and engineering research plays in developing new technologies, while doing so with the knowledge that what we build must scale - and scale fast - if we want to meet our goal of helping to mitigate air pollution.
We work with a variety of customers across sectors, including research, government, and the private sector with customers that include top universities, large consulting companies, and state and federal agencies.
To learn more about QuantAQ, check out the video below:
What we're looking for
QuantAQ is seeking an experienced Sales Lead to lead the company’s sales efforts and move from founder-driven to a more sustainable and high-growth sales approach. The ideal candidate is excited about becoming QuantAQ’s first sales hire, developing sales processes, and thinking strategically about markets and growth areas. We are looking for someone who will begin as an individual contributor, but has the experience, ability, and desire to build out and manage a sales team as we grow. You have likely spent time at startups and look forward to contributing to developing company processes and culture.
Over the first 30 days, you can expect to come up to speed on QuantAQ products, learn about the air quality industry, current customer base, and spend time setting up various sales tools and platforms (e.g., HubSpot, Gong). By the end of 60 days, you will have worked alongside the executive team to refine sales goals and plans for 2022, modified existing marketing plans and strategies for 2022, and begun building out a robust pipeline. By the end of 90 days, you should expect to have total command of the sales pipeline and to know how to source leads and close deals.
Success will be defined as meeting or exceeding an annual sales quota and building out a robust pipeline to position the company for long-term success. You will report directly to the CEO. Preference for this opening will be given to those who apply by May 31st, 2022.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- The ability and desire to recruit, train, and lead a top sales team as the company grows
- Gain professional and technical knowledge of our products and the air quality industry
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales plan (with input from the leadership team), including specific targets and a go-to-market plan
- Serve as a customer advocate to influence our product roadmap, marketing initiatives, and corporate priorities
- Work closely with marketing to develop material and run campaigns that generate new customers, and to develop sales tools including pitch decks, sales proposals, and educational material for prospects and partners
- Build out and maintain our sales CRM (currently, HubSpot)
- Represent QuantAQ at trade shows and conferences
- A track record of success exceeding annual sales quota obligations
- Experience with Hardware-as-a-Service (HaaS) or similar business models
- Experience across a variety of customer types, including enterprises, NGOs/nonprofits, and the government
- Proficiency with modern sales technologies including HubSpot, Gong, and others
- Experience using metrics and data to drive sales decisions and customer acquisition
- Excellent selling, negotiation, and communication skills
- Ability and desire to work and thrive in a professional, fast-paced, startup environment
- An ownership mentality
- Experience at startups across pre-seed through Series B stages
We understand there is no perfect candidate for this role. We encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of air quality.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this position is competitive for Seed-stage companies in the Boston area.
Benefits at QuantAQ include:
- Health insurance with 85% company contribution
- Dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with partial company match
- Flexible vacation time
- 3 weeks PTO + 10 observed Federal holidays
- Flexible work hours
This is a full-time role.
This job is based in [Somerville, MA, Remote] at Greentown Labs. Greentown Labs is the largest climatetech incubator in North America and includes an awesome community of mission-driven entrepreneurs. Greentown offers numerous networking opportunities and events that cover a variety of topics. We love working out of Greentown Labs!
Recruitment Process + Next Steps
After submitting your application by following the steps in the How to Apply section below, you can expect to receive a follow-up email within a few days if you have been selected to proceed to the next step in the hiring process. We will then schedule a remote interview with the hiring team. At this point, we may ask for the contact information for (up to) three references. After the first interview, we will schedule a second interview with specific QuantAQ personnel related to your job. After the final interview, you can expect to hear back from QuantAQ with a final decision within a week. If applying for a senior or executive level position, this process may include a third interview; however, we will communicate this as early in the hiring process as possible.
How to Apply
QuantAQ values diversity of thought, access, and experiences and is an Equal Opportunity Employer → individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Does this role seem like a good fit? Are you interested in learning more? Email us at email@example.com or fill out the form below.