At QuantAQ, we build low-cost, professional-grade air quality sensors and associated software platform to help deploy and manage distributed air quality sensor networks. We care deeply about using innovative technologies and socio-technological approaches to help businesses, governments, and community stakeholders obtain actionable air quality information across a variety of contexts. We value the role that fundamental scientific and engineering research can play in developing new technologies while doing so with the knowledge that what we build must scale - and scale fast - if we want to meet our goals to help mitigate air pollution.
We work with a variety of customers across sectors including research, government, and the public sector including top universities, large consulting companies, and state and federal agencies.
To learn more about QuantAQ, check out the video below:
What we're looking for
We are looking for a talented and experienced full-stack python developer with an expertise in Flask to lead the development of our core software platform. QuantAQ builds internet connected air quality sensors and the associated software platform (the QuantAQ Cloud). The QuantAQ Cloud supports our globally-distributed sensor network and helps our customers make educated decisions about their air quality in real time.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience and interests across the software stack (both frontend and backend), has experience scaling platforms, and a desire to work in the (broadly defined) Environmental IoT space. The candidate will begin primarily as an individual contributor, but will have the opportunity to transition to a more senior leadership role as the company grows.
Some of the tools/buzzwords related to our current tech stack:
Preference for this opening will be given to those who apply by May 31st, 2022.
In this position, you will work directly with the leadership team to execute our product road map. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain the QuantAQ Cloud platform
- Develop internal tools needed to monitor and improve our software products
- Document and communicate progress and operating procedures, both internally and externally
- Develop recommendations for technology decisions to improve our product offerings
- Prepare and participate in software design discussions and code reviews
- Recruit, hire, and mentor engineers
- Communicate and problem solve with a variety of stakeholders including customers, product management, and leadership
- Expertise in developing, testing, deploying, and scaling stable and secure software solutions
- Expertise in Python and Flask
- Experience with version control (i.e., git, GitHub)
- Experience with cloud services and data storage (AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean)
- Experience with databases (especially PostgreSQL and Redis), database management, and storage query and optimization
- Experience designing, using, and deploying RESTful APIs
- Experience with DevOps tools (i.e, Docker, CI/CD, Traefik)
- Ability to identify and learn new tools, libraries, and frameworks
- Experience deploying ML models in production and familiarity with common ML python libraries such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, etc.
- Background or interest in data science and/or machine learning
- Background or interest in IoT communication and connected products
- Prior experience at a startup or innovation team, iterating on early products and prototypes
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this position is competitive for Seed-stage companies in the Boston area.
Benefits at QuantAQ include:
- Health insurance with 85% company contribution
- Dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with partial company match
- Flexible vacation time
- 3 weeks PTO + 10 observed Federal holidays
- Flexible work hours
This is a Full-time role.
This job is based in Somerville, MA at Greentown Labs. Remote and/or hybrid work is possible, though in-person/hybrid is preferred. Greentown Labs is the largest climatetech incubator in North America and includes an awesome community of mission-driven entrepreneurs. Greentown offers numerous networking opportunities and events that cover a variety of topics. We love working out of Greentown Labs!
Recruitment Process + Next Steps
After submitting your application by following the steps in the How to Apply section below, you can expect to receive a follow-up email within a few days if you have been selected to proceed to the next step in the hiring process. We will then schedule a remote interview with the hiring team. At this point, we may ask for the contact information for (up to) three references. After the first interview, we will schedule a second interview with specific QuantAQ personnel related to your job. After the final interview, you can expect to hear back from QuantAQ with a final decision within a week.
How to Apply
QuantAQ values diversity of thought, access, and experiences and is an Equal Opportunity Employer → individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Does this role seem like a good fit? Are you interested in learning more? Email us at email@example.com or fill out the form below.